SAN ANTONIO (April 26, 2016) – VIA Metropolitan Transit will host two public hearings to seek the community’s feedback regarding proposed route changes scheduled for implementation on August 22, 2016. The hearings will be held on the following dates:
6 p.m., Monday, May 2 (Open House begins at 5 p.m.)
City of Kirby, City Hall, 112 Bauman St.
Served by routes 21 and 630
6 p.m., Wednesday, May 4 (Open House begins at 5 p.m.)
VIA Metro Center, 1021 San Pedro Ave.
Served by routes 3 and 4
The following are the proposed service changes:
• 21 Kirby/Converse – Schedule will be adjusted to increase reliability.
• 77 Martin – Schedule will be adjusted to increase reliability.
• 505 Basse – Route will no longer be interlined with route 632. Schedule will be adjusted.
• 509 Hildebrand – Route will no longer be interlined with route 630. Schedule will be adjusted.
• 629 Industry Park – New route resulting from separation of route 630. Service will continue from Randolph Park and Ride with 60-minute service to Industry Park and Artisan Apartments.
• 630 Randolph/Sunrise – Route will be separated into three routes (629, 630, and 631). Route will be renamed 630 Kirby/Candle Meadow. Service will continue from Randolph Park and Ride with 60-minute service to Kirby (Wagner High School). Summer Fest service changed to weekend service.
• 631 Sunrise/Summer Fest – New route resulting from separation of route 630. Service will continue from Randolph Park and Ride with 60-minute service to Summer Fest. Additional morning and evening trips will replace the existing morning and evening trips on the current route 630.
• 632 Randolph/Ventura – Service will continue from Randolph Park and Ride with the addition of a service increase from twice a day to all-day service to Glen Mont Drive and the IDEA School on Walzem Road.
For more information, please call (210) 362-2389 or visit www.VIAinfo.net.
VIA meeting facilities are wheelchair accessible. Persons with hearing impairments may request an interpreter 48 hours prior to the meeting by calling TDD (210) 362-2019 or the VIA Local Government & Community Relations office at (210) 362-2389.
VIA Metropolitan Transit provides public transportation services to 13 cities in the Greater San Antonio Region and the unincorporated areas of Bexar County. VIA operates seven days a week on 90 routes and provided 41 million rides across the region in 2015. VIA’s mission is to enhance the community’s quality of life by providing regional and customer-oriented public transportation that is dependable, cost-effective and enticing to more riders. VIA’s AAA bond rating reflects the organization’s sound management and financial practices. Visit www.VIAinfo.net for more information. Follow us on www.Facebook.com/VIATransit, www.Twitter.com/VIA_Transit, and www.Instagram.com/VIATransit.