VIA goMobile Available Summer 2017
When you want to go VIA, goMobile.
goMobile is VIA’s official new mobile ticketing and trip-planning app launching in summer 2017. The app is free to download for Apple and Android devices and there are no additional fees to purchase VIA products.
With VIA goMobile, VIA is continuing its commitment to offer convenient and helpful passenger amenities and resources. Use VIA’s free systemwide 4G LTE WiFi to manage your goMobile account while making a trip or visiting one of our Transit Centers.
How does goMobile work?
Open the app on your mobile device to plan a trip, and purchase fares and passes. Use a bank card or credit card for purchases and set up an optional account to make future visits faster. For convenience, you can buy tickets anytime and activate them when you are ready to ride.
Once the fare is activated, an animated ticket will display on your screen. Show the active screen to the operator when boarding the bus. If you are using a reduced-fare ticket, you also will need to show the operator your Reduced Fare ID.
What can be purchased on the goMobile app?
goMobile users can purchase the following products at full-fare and half-fare rates:
- Day Pass
- 7-Day Pass
- 31-Day Pass
- 2.5-hour Ticket
- VIAtrans Ticket
- Special Event Service Ticket
Other tips for goMobile:
- Passes and tickets purchased with goMobile can be transferred if you lose or upgrade your device.
- goMobile users can pay for multiple fares at one time.
- goMobile provides trip-planning tools using real-time bus information.
- Riders have the option to manage a goMobile account on a mobile device and online.
- A minimum purchase of $5 and a maximum purchase of $250 are allowed for payments made by MasterCard or Visa.