SAN ANTONIO (Aug. 8, 2016) — VIA Metropolitan Transit will debut new routes and service changes in August that are designed to provide enhanced and expanded services in the City of Kirby and the Northeast Side of San Antonio. The route changes, listed below, go into effect Monday, Aug. 22, 2016. They reflect VIA’s commitment to offering greater services and amenities to customers and the community.
• 505 Basse – Route will continue as route 509 at Randolph Park & Ride with a minor schedule adjustment. No trips will continue as route 632.
• 509 Hildebrand – Route will continue as route 505 at Randolph Park & Ride with a minor schedule adjustment. No trips will continue as route 630.
• 629 Industry Park – New route split from current route 630. Route will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Industry Park and Artisan at Salado Creek Apartments.
• 630 Randolph/Sunrise – Route will be split into three routes (629, 630, and 631) while still maintaining the same coverage and level of service. New route 630 will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Kirby (Wagner High School). Route will serve Summer Fest Drive on weekends.
• 631 Sunrise/Summer Fest – New route split from current route 630. Route will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Summer Fest Drive with additional morning and evening trips.
• 632 Randolph/Ventura – Route will be expanded to create a new branch from Randolph Park & Ride to the IDEA Walzem School and Glen Mont Drive every 30 minutes. The branch from Randolph Park & Ride to the Ventura neighborhood also will run every 30 minutes. Service from Randolph to Walzem & Montgomery will run every 15 minutes.
In addition to the above service changes, the following routes will have minor schedule adjustments: 21, 77, and 616.
The downtown lineup location on St. Mary’s Street (traveling south) at Commerce Street will close Aug. 22, 2016. The affected lineup routes will have the following new locations:
• Route 242 – Commerce Street (traveling west) at St. Mary’s Street
• Route 251 – Market Street at St. Mary’s Street
• Route 282 – St. Mary’s Street at Market Street
New pocket schedules are available at www.VIAinfo.net. Printed pocket schedules are available at all VIA information centers and on buses. To see how these changes affect your trips, use the online Personal Trip Planner up to 14 days in advance and enter a trip date later than Aug. 22, 2016. For additional information on the service changes, customers may call (210) 362-2020.
VIA Metropolitan Transit provides public transportation services to 13 cities in the Greater San Antonio Region and the unincorporated areas of Bexar County. VIA operates seven days a week on 90 routes and provided 41 million rides across the region in 2015. VIA’s mission is to enhance the community’s quality of life by providing regional and customer-oriented public transportation that is dependable, cost-effective and enticing to more riders. VIA’s AAA bond rating reflects the organization’s sound management and financial practices. Visit www.VIAinfo.net for more information. Follow us on www.Facebook.com/VIATransit, www.Twitter.com/VIA_Transit, and www.Instagram.com/VIATransit.