Join communities across the country and celebrate National Dump the Pump Day on June 15, 2017. Give up your car for a day, a week, or a year and contribute to cleaner air and less congestion for our region.
What’s in it for you?
More cash in your pocket and cool prizes for riding.
3 Reasons to Dump the Pump
1. Public Transportation saves you money.
Did you know? A two-person household can save, on average, $9,823 a year by downsizing to one car.
2. Fewer cars means cleaner air.
Did you know? A single person can reduce his or her daily carbon emissions by 20 pounds, or more than 4,800 pounds in a year, by using public transit.
3. Save time. Lots of time.
Did you know? Public transportation use for just one year in most major metro areas can save 865 million hours of travel time and 450 million gallons of fuel.
Dump the Pump for Prizes
Try Transit on June 15 and you could win free passes and cool prizes from VIA.
- Flash Your Pass! Post a photo to Facebook with your VIA Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 31-Day Pass or Semester Pass for a chance to win VIA merchandise. Remember to tag VIA.
- Check in to Twitter at any VIA Transit Center or bus stop from June 12-14, for a chance to win a free 7-Day Pass.
- Look out for our Prize Patrol. VIA’s Prize Patrol will board buses on June 15 to say thanks to our awesome customers with nice prizes.
Plan your trip now!
Use VIA’s new Trip Planner!
You can also call (210) 362-2020 to get help planning your trip.
Data from www.publictransportation.org.