Social Media Code of Conduct
VIA Metropolitan Transit utilizes various social media platforms to communicate with customers and to share daily information about the transit agency. We encourage customers to engage in conversation, but also to adhere to the Social Media Code of Conduct listed below.
•Facebook® – VIA’s Facebook® page feed is intended to keep our customers up-to-date on the latest news and information about VIA programs and services. VIA will also share service alerts here. Because of new Facebook algorithms, not all content may be visible. You can also get service information at VIAinfo.net, by following VIA on Twitter® or Instagram®, or by calling Customer Service at (210) 362-2020.
•Twitter® – VIA’s Twitter® feed is intended to keep our customers up-to-date on the latest news and information about VIA programs and services. VIA will also keep customers informed of service delays, bus detours, and other service information here. You can also get this information at VIAinfo.net, by following VIA on Facebook® or Instagram®, or by calling Customer Service at (210) 362-2020.
•Instagram® – VIA’s Instagram® feed is intended to keep our customers up to date on activities, events and initiatives at VIA. You can find service information and alerts at VIAinfo.net, by following VIA on Facebook® or Twitter®, or by calling Customer Service at (210) 362-2020.
Code of Conduct for Accessing or Using VIA’s Social Media Sites
All users of VIA’s social media sites: must uphold this code of conduct; must adhere to all applicable local, state and national laws and regulations; are responsible for all activities and content you post, upload, display or comment upon; and are prohibited from posting, uploading, displaying or commenting on, any content:
• containing or could be considered junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, marketing, commercial advertisement, or promotion of goods, sites or services.
• inciting, advocating or expressing pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, violence or terrorism.
• threatening, stalking, defaming, defrauding, abusing, degrading, victimizing or intimidating any individual, group of individuals, entity or organization for any reason, including age, gender, gender identity, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, race or disease.
• promoting or encouraging suicide or self-harm.
• promoting or encouraging sexual advances, sexual harassment or sexual exploitation.
• containing misleading, confusing or infringing brand affiliation, trademark or copyright information, including business name or logo.
• unrelated to the post or posting the same comment under more than one thread.
• providing or creating links to external sites that are not affiliated with VIA or that violate this code of conduct.
• interfering or disrupting VIA’s social media sites or network connectivity, including transmitting, any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
VIA is not responsible for the content of any user-created, posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure your compliance.