- Persons who qualify are substantially limited in the performance of at least one major life activity.
- Eligibility is not based on age, income, residency or whether an applicant can drive.
- In addition, limitations must be such that prevent independent use of VIA bus service for some or all trips.
- Applicants must be at least six (6) years old.
How to apply
1. Complete page 1-5 of the application as completely and accurately as possible.
2. A friend or family member may assist.
3. A medical professional who is familiar with the applicant’s condition must complete pages 6-8. Applicants may not change or add to the information in this section.
4. Mail or deliver the completed application to VIA at the address on the form for processing.
An application must be completed and approved by VIA before VIAtrans service is provided. Applicants will be notified of their application status by mail within 30 days. Questions about application status can be directed to VIA Accessible Services Department at 210-362-2140 on weekdays
between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.