VIA Metropolitan Transit will implement service adjustments beginning Monday, May 7, 2018 to increase frequency on key routes, reduce wait times, and provide faster connections for VIA customers.
Three VIA routes will be upgraded to high-frequency service as part of VIA’s ongoing partnership with the City of San Antonio to plan and fund service improvements throughout the area. They are:
• 3 San Pedro Skip – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• 24 East Houston Frequent – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Route extended to serve Centro Plaza for all trips in addition to the frequency improvement. There will no longer be trips that turn around at N. Walters Street.
• 76 West Commerce Skip – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Additional changes include route modifications due to ongoing roadwork by the City of Leon Valley and the Texas Department of Transportation. They are:
• 64 US 90 Express – Route modified to travel from Kel-Lac Transit Center to Loop 410 using W. Military Drive instead of U.S. Highway 90 West. Eastbound trips will no longer go to the Social Security Administration Offices. These route changes are the result of a construction project.
• 65 JBSA Express Lackland/USO – Route modified within Lackland to serve the Peterson Training Complex.
• 88 Bandera – Route modified to travel on Seneca Drive and Poss Road due to Evers Road construction between those streets.
The following routes will have minor schedule adjustments: 7, 21, 30, 42, 46, 77, 95, 96, 520, and 602. The following new route pairs will also go into effect: 4-28 and 62-89. Route 24 will no longer be paired with route 4.