Additional service improvements effective May 7, 2018
SAN ANTONIO (May 1, 2018) — VIA Metropolitan Transit will implement service adjustments beginning Monday, May 7, 2018 to increase frequency on key routes, reduce wait times, and provide faster connections for VIA customers.
Three VIA routes will be upgraded to high-frequency service as part of VIA’s ongoing partnership with the City of San Antonio to plan and fund service improvements throughout the area. They are:
• 3 San Pedro Skip – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• 24 East Houston Frequent – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Route extended to serve Centro Plaza for all trips in addition to the frequency improvement. There will no longer be trips that turn around at N. Walters Street.
• 76 West Commerce Skip – Service modified to operate every 12 minutes, approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Additional changes include route modifications due to ongoing roadwork by the City of Leon Valley and the Texas Department of Transportation. They are:
• 64 US 90 Express – Route modified to travel from Kel-Lac Transit Center to Loop 410 using W. Military Drive instead of U.S. Highway 90 West. Eastbound trips will no longer go to the Social Security Administration Offices. These route changes are the result of a construction project.
• 65 JBSA Express Lackland/USO – Route modified within Lackland to serve the Peterson Training Complex.
• 88 Bandera – Route modified to travel on Seneca Drive and Poss Road due to Evers Road construction between those streets.
The following routes will have minor schedule adjustments: 7, 21, 30, 42, 46, 77, 95, 96, 520, and 602. The following new route pairs will also go into effect: 4-28 and 62-89. Route 24 will no longer be paired with route 4.
New pocket schedules are available at VIAinfo.net. Printed pocket schedules will be available at all VIA information centers and on buses. To see how these changes may affect your travel, use the online Personal Trip Planner up to 14 days in advance and enter a trip date later than May 7, 2018. For additional information on the service changes, customers may call (210) 362-2020. Customers also may conveniently plan trips, and purchase fares and passes with the new VIA goMobile app. Passengers can simply show their phone screen to the operator when boarding. The free app is available on Apple and Android smartphones. Visit VIAinfo.net/goMobile for more information.
About VIA Metropolitan Transit
VIA provides regional multimodal transportation options that connect our community to opportunity, support economic vitality, and enhance quality of life throughout our region. VIA, recognized by the Texas Transit Association in 2018 as the outstanding Metro Transit Authority of the year, serves 14 member cities and the unincorporated areas of Bexar County, operating seven days a week on 92 routes. Last year, VIA provided nearly 40 million rides across the region. VIA’s AAA bond rating reflects the organization’s sound management and financial practices. Visit VIAinfo.net for more information. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
CONTACT: Lorraine Pulido, Ph.D.