Community invited to offer comments in person or online
SAN ANTONIO (June 1, 2018) – VIA Metropolitan Transit will host eight public Open Houses and an online meeting regarding VIA’s Rapid Transit Network Draft Proposal—the next step in realizing VIA’s Vision 2040 Long Range Plan. Public comments about the draft network help determine the selection of route alternatives and develop tomorrow’s transportation choices.
The open houses are from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the San Antonio locations listed below, and the online meeting can be accessed at VIAinfo.net/rapidtransit.
• Tues., June 12, Temple Beth-El, 211 Belknap Place, 78212; VIA Routes: 3, 4, 20
• Wed., June 13, The Nellie Reddix Center, 4711 Sid Katz Drive, 78229; VIA Routes: 534, 603
• Thurs., June 14, The Tool Yard, 10303 Tool Yard Dr., 78233
• Wed., June 20, Stinson Municipal Airport, 8535 Mission Rd., 78214; VIA Route: 40
• Thurs., June 21, The Neighborhood Place, 3014 Rivas St., 78228; VIA Routes: 77, 524
• Tues., June 26, Barbara Jordan Community Center, 2803 E. Commerce St., 78203; VIA Route: 25
• Wed., June 27, VIA Stone Oak Park & Ride, 22139 U.S. Highway 281 North, 78258; VIA Routes: 7, 503
• Thurs., June 28, VIA Metro Center, 1021 San Pedro, 78212; VIA Routes: 3, 4
Comments may be submitted at the public workshop, online or in writing through July 16, 2018. Written comments may be mailed to Attention: Government & Community Relations – RTC Studies, c/o VIA Metropolitan Transit, P.O. Box 12489, San Antonio, Texas 78212, or by email at GCR@viainfo.net.
The meeting facility is wheelchair accessible. Persons with hearing impairments may request an interpreter 48 hours prior to the meeting by calling TDD (210) 362-2019 or by calling VIA Government & Community Relations at (210) 362-2389. For more information, please visit VIAVision2040.com.
About VIA Metropolitan Transit
VIA provides regional multimodal transportation options that connect our community to opportunity, support economic vitality, and enhance quality of life throughout our region. VIA, recognized by the Texas Transit Association in 2018 as the outstanding Metro Transit Authority of the year, serves 14 member cities and the unincorporated areas of Bexar County, operating seven days a week on 92 routes. Last year, VIA provided nearly 40 million rides across the region. VIA’s AAA bond rating reflects the organization’s sound management and financial practices. Visit VIAinfo.net for more information. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.