10th annual contest to feature illustrated poems
VIA Metropolitan Transit’s 2018 Poetry on the Move contest is now accepting submissions through Dec. 3, 2018. Submissions will be accepted online only – paper entries will not be accepted. The popular contest is now in its 10th year and features selected poems illustrated with designs by area teen art programs. The illustrated poems will be displayed on VIA buses and vans during National Poetry Month in April 2019.
Poetry Submissions Guidelines
- Now accepting poems
- Poets must be at least 18 years of age
- Up to three poems may be submitted per person
- 10-line limit per poem, including title and spaces
- DO NOT place your name or other identifying information on the poems
- Poets will retain all right for future publication
- Winners will be notified by VIA
- Submissions must be understandable by a wide audience
- Submissions must not contain any offensive language
The Poetry on the Move contest is open to anyone age 18 and older in Central and South Texas. Judges and their families, and VIA Metropolitan Transit employees and their families, are not eligible to participate in this contest. Entries must be submitted by Monday, Dec. 3, 2018.
Poetry on the Move submissions will be accepted online only at: bibliotech.librariescreate.com/viapoetry.
For more information, call Jerri Ann Jones at (210) 362-2389, or visit VIAinfo.net.