Innovative mobility-on-demand service
on list of transportation enhancements
VIA Metropolitan Transit will host four public hearings to seek the community’s input regarding service improvements proposed for implementation on May 6, 2019.
The hearings will be held on the following dates. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. All hearings begin at 6 p.m., with a presentation and overview.
The following service changes are proposed:
• 93, 94 & 100 Prímo – Downtown portion of the route will be modified, and some downtown stops will be moved.
• 515 Southcross – Long-term detour will operate on VFW between South Presa and Mission.
• 640 Valley Forge – Route will be replaced by mobility-on-demand service pilot project.
• 641 Knollcreek – Route will be replaced by mobility-on-demand service pilot project.
• 642 Nacogdoches – Route will be replaced by mobility-on-demand service pilot project.
VIA on Demand is a new pilot project where riders can get picked up and dropped off at designated stops within a specific zone. Riders schedule their trips using a special app or calling ahead. Details on this program will be available at the hearings.
Comments may be submitted at the public hearings or in writing through 5 p.m., February 22, 2019, to be included in the public record. A court reporter/transcriber will be available to accept verbal comments. Written comments may be mailed to Attention: Government & Community Relations – May 2019 Service Changes c/o VIA Metropolitan Transit, P.O. Box 12489, San Antonio, Texas 78212, or emailed to GCR@viainfo.net.
VIA meeting facilities are wheelchair accessible. Persons with hearing impairments may request an interpreter 48 hours prior to the meeting by calling TDD (210) 362-2019 or call VIA Government & Community Relations at (210) 362-2389.