VIA will offer limited Special Event Service to downtown Fiesta events
VIA Metropolitan Transit announces the return of its Fiesta Park & Ride with limited Special Event Service to Downtown, 5 to 11 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, June 22-25. The popular service is back after being sidelined for more than a year, as the community recovers and events open.
Helpful information to plan your Fiesta Park & Ride trip:
- Face masks are required for all VIA customers and employees on all vehicles and at all facilities, per federal order.
- Customers are encouraged to pre-purchase their Park & Ride fare on the VIA goMobile app, skip the ticket line and enjoy contactless boarding.
- Cash and credit cards will be accepted at ticket booths for exact fares only. No change will be given.
- Only round-trip tickets will be sold at the booths.
- Single fares are available via the goMobile app only.
- Wristbands will be issued instead of tokens this year.
Park & Ride Special Event Service fare is $2.50 each way with discounts available for children, seniors, students, and active-duty members of the military. VIAtrans customers and children under age 5 ride free. VIA bus passes and U-Passes are not valid for this service.VIAtrans service will also be available to Fiesta for registered patrons. The usual VIAtransreservation policies apply.
For more information about service to Fiesta events, customers may call (210) 362-2020, or visit VIAinfo.net. For more information about Fiesta, visit Fiesta-SA.org.
2021 Fiesta Park & Ride Schedule
Dates: Tuesday-Friday, June 22-25
Hours: 5 – 11 p.m.
Locations: Crossroads Park & Ride, Madla Transit Center
Drop-off/Pick-up point: On Market Street at the Convention Center
VIA offers several routes to Downtown. Customers can plan their trip to Downtown Fiesta events anytime using our online trip planner at VIAinfo.net.