Passengers presenting a valid voter registration card receive complimentary fare all day
VIA Metropolitan Transit will continue its “Ride VIA to Vote” program for voters headed to the polls on November 3. Bus and van passengers may present their valid voter registration card to ride fare-free on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Here are some frequently asked questions from riders:
What is it?
The Ride VIA to Vote initiative has provided complimentary transportation throughout the VIA service area since 2016 to encourage civic participation on municipal, state, and federal election days. This includes regular bus service, VIA Link, and VIAtrans paratransit service. Registered VIAtrans customers must schedule their trip in accordance with VIAtrans policies and procedures by phone or online.
Does it include early voting dates?
The complimentary service for voters is not available on early voting dates. During the early voting period, customers can enjoy VIA’s daily low fares, including discounts available for seniors, children age 4 and under, students, persons with a disability, and active-duty military. Visit VIAinfo.net/reduced-fares for information about VIA’s Reduced Fares Program .
How do I know which route serves my polling place?
• Enter your polling place address into VIA’s online trip planner to find the most convenient route.
• For information regarding routes and schedules on Election Day, use our online trip planner, call Customer Information at (210) 362-2020, or use the free VIA goMobile app to plan your trip to the nearest polling location.
• Bexar County voters can vote at any open polling place during early voting.
Will there be bus service to the AT&T Center voting site?
• Voters traveling to the AT&T Center to vote can use bus Route 24, serving the AT&T Center location with 15-minute frequent service.
• This route operates daily. Complimentary service will be available November 3 with a valid voter registration card on all VIA bus, VIAtrans, and VIA Link vehicles.
• Registered VIAtrans customers must schedule their trip in accordance with VIAtrans policies and procedures by phone or online.
• Where can I find more information?
Visit VIAinfo.net/vote for program information. Visit VIAinfo.net/2020-elections for information about the ATD Proposition 1 item on the November 3 ballot. For information about Bexar County elections, including voting sites and dates, visit Elections.Bexar.org.